Saturday, October 3, 2009

Oregon Trip

In August we went to Oregon for a week and a half. We did our annual family trip with my dad's family. We all load up or camp trailers and hit the road. This year we were lucky enough to get Connie and Mike to join our craziness AND my cousins from Washington came down at the end. We're so glad they all decided to tag a long.
Our first adventure was Crater Lake. This place was beautiful and one of my favorite things here was a tiny island...called 'Wizard Island' (there's a pic below). We also got to go walk up a mountain of lava and go through a lava tunnel. It was cold and dark, but I'd highly recommend it. So fun! We wished we'd had a better lantern than our little flashlights, but it all worked out.
The ocean is one of my favorite places. I don't care if it's cold or warm...I'm gettin' in. The sounds of the ocean are so calming and relaxing. Braxton had a blast here. The tide was coming in so fast we would almost get his name written in the water and then the waves would be starting to wash it away. After the ocean, we went to see the Sea Lion caves. Very cool, but very expensive too.
This trip was definitely the climax of our summer. We love getting together with family that we don't get to see very often. AND...what we really enjoy is sitting around the campfire with them all and just hanging out. This is where the best memories are made.

1 comment:

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

Looks like a blast! I love the slideshow..lots of great pictures! The oregon coast is one of my favorite places!