Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

I found this amazing deal on a trip/airfare to Vegas in June. Since we already had two camping trips planned in May, we planned our little adventure for the next month. We had a blast and wore ourselves out. We discovered the bus! I know sounds silly, but it was the cheapest way to get up and down the strip. We rode to Freemont Street twice. The first night we got there too late for the light show they have...so James wanted to go back again. We had fun watching an amazing artist there paint with spray paint. AND another highlight...I got to eat at Cheesecake Factory. YUM!

James anxious to get to our luggage. We had a flight delay both ways. Next time we'll just drive. We almost would have saved time and we'd have more fun.

Our hotel, MGM. We discovered a short cut out of this hotel the last night we stayed. Go figure! I think they said this place sits on 32 acres or something. The pool was divine...just like in the movies. I could have hung out at the pool the entire time I was there.

We went to see the show Ka that was in our hotel. I thought it was so awesome. People had a hard time following the story line, but I thought it was great!

Blue Man Group. Need I say more? James has been wanting to see these guys for years and we've just never done it. There show was hilarious and a little sticky...after I was sprayed with bananas. We'd go see these guys again for sure!

Rain Forest Cafe is one of my favorite places to eat. We've started going there at least once when we go. This time was more convenient since it's at the MGM. Yay! I can't wait to take Braxton there one day.

James has this obsession with taking pictures of me while I'm eating...ever since we were dating. I dunno! This time I set it up...not really...but I think it's funny the dessert sign is ironically above my head as I eat breakfast...that I found in the dessert section they had set up for lunch.

This was a much needed most fabulous get-a-way trip. Only the second time we've ever left Braxton. I missed him muchly, but it was good for our little family. HUGE thank you to my most wonderful little sister Ashley who took him for the four days we were gone.

5 comments:

Courtni said...

SO FUN! Wow, you guys know how to do Vegas! Glad that you got away...so important to have alone time. Happy Anniversary!

Suz said...

I have never had the pleasure of eating at the Cheesecake Factory! Looks like you guys had fun, I love Vegas! That is cool the two of you were able to get away!

Kevin and Tami Scott said...

How fun...It's been so long since I've been to Vegas (I think the last time was when Kyler was 3!) It looks like you had a fantastic time, and what a treat to escape with your hubby for a few days by yourself.

Julianne Dewey said...

Happy anniversary guys!!! Vegas looks like it was a blast! So glad you're blogging again I love to see all of your fun adventures and how stinkin' cute Braxton is!

Jacqui said...

Thanks guys! I forget how much fun it is to blog...