Saturday, September 20, 2008

Huge Savings

I just put my groceries away and remembered I was going to take a picture like Lisa did of all the fun deals. Anyway...I've spent ALL of our money this month stocking up for the year with all of the food sales and thought I'd share my excitement with all of you. Last week was the 'BIG' Quaker sale. I found myself with two friends collecting a couple of coupons from Lee's and Macey's so we could hit the sale at Albertson's. Crazy I know...but I have friends who drive to Ogden and Salt Lake for the coupons. I bought 60 boxes of oatmeal, granola bars, granola bites, pancake mix, syrup...and a few other things for about $50. Yipee!!!
I went into Albertson's today for the soup sale and a few other things. If you bought Powerade, then you got a catalina coupon for free cereal. I ended up with 8 bags of free cereal and 1 free apple juice. The 'good' soup was only .63 or cheaper and my lysol was only $1.50.
I spent 27.80 and saved 74.27. One other trip was 43.97 and I saved 60.17...if I don't save more than 1/2 on my groceries...I usually wait for the next sale. I still try to see what Walmart has...but the sales usually beat their prices with the coupons for the name brand.
Does anyone know if Smith's in Brigham is still doubling coupons?

6 comments:

alligood said...

I'm a grocery game gal, too! Do you use a 'system' like GG or couponmom? I'm not quite as hard core as a lot of ladies I know, but I was totally loving the Alberston's Quaker sale. I got 10 boxes of instant oatmeal, 6 tubs of old fashioned oats and have to go back this week to use my rainchecks for 20 boxes of granola bars - .66 cents a box - YIPPEEE!
Sometimes I get too busy to really game and I just end up shopping the sale as well as I can without really planning a ton. I usually save about 50%, and once saved 75% (the Albertson's $1 GM cereal sale). That was a good day, but Warren just doesn't get quite as excited as I do.
See, I knew we were friends for a reason!
-Allison

Kevin and Tami Scott said...

I am jealous of all you Utah ladies finding these huge savings together. There seems to b e a great networking system there. Michigan is only now getting into the whole coupon craze, but I've always used them. I love finding those incredible deals. Have a great day. Happy savings hunting.

Suz said...

I am glad someone else likes to clean up stuff. My inlaws always have people at their house & it seems to get messy. Anyway it makes me crazy sitting there sometimes. Karwin says the same thing to me "I live here leave some stuff for me!" I have on occasion thrown something out that I thought was junk & Karwin gets mad. I too am trying to make some recipes instead of just looking at them.

September 21, 2008 4:12 PM

Suz said...

You are doing well with the couponing. I am just starting & at first I thought I might die of embarrasment at using so many coupons. I had maybe 25 coupons & the lady in front of me had at least 100. So I was not embarrased anymore. It is nice to go to these websites & have them do all the research on good prices too.

Lisa said...

You did awesome! Way to go! With the way the economy is now, there is no other way to go than coupons! Keep posting these great savings! I love hearing about them! Wahoo and they make you feel sooo good!

onlymehere said...

Tag, you're it bz I'd really like to get to know you better! Come see my blog to find out details.