Monday, June 30, 2008

Camping

After the city celebration, and I do mean seconds after it was all over...James and I headed up to Wyoming to meet family for a little camping trip. We sent Braxton with Nana, Papa, and Ashley that morning. I was totally exhausted. The trip was a hard one for our little family, but we enjoyed being with everyone. All of my dad's family was there...his brothers and sister and their spouses and a couple of cousins. It was a great time hanging out with everyone and we really enjoyed the camp fires at night with everyone. We wish we all had the time to be together more often.


James and my Dad were our lifesavers. They kept our firewood stocked and the fire blazing in the evenings so we didn't get cold. This is my favorite part of the day...just hanging out and telling stories around the fire. Please notice the white Ashley is wearing. We always get numerous comments on the white pants. She wears these every time we go camping...I can't believe they are still this white. This last time it was Braxton that kept spilling things on her.


S'more night!! Here is Braxton with a big marshmallow in his mouth. Here comes the sugar high.
Curious George has managed to make himself more of a permanent fixture in our little family. There is not a lot we don't do without him and 'elephant' (I'll introduce him to you soon). George really enjoyed this trip and followed Braxton everywhere.

6 comments:

Kevin and Tami Scott said...

Looks like another fun weekend. Kevin got a new tent for Father's Day, and now he wants us to all go camping, but I am a bit of a hotel junkie. We'll see if he convinces me to go or not. I told him I would be happy to come up and cook smores, and then return home to my own bed and bathroom!! He could go fish with Kyler & Jordan all he wants while I relish in the quiet back home.
You asked how often we go to the beach, and we go quite a bit. We don't always go swimming though. Sometimes we just go to watch the sunset or check out the Lighthouse. It's a lot of effort to tote 3 boys, a beach bag, beach toys, umbrella, snacks, etc. through the sand just to swim. However, the Lake is literally 1 block from my front door so we do try to utilize it often.
I hope you have caught up on your Zzzz's and have some energy back after your busy week. Talk to you soon!

Jacqui said...

I'll post some pictures of our trailer...James doesn't do tents. We had a tent trailer and he thought that was roughing it. I think he had slept in a tent 'once' before we got married and then I made him go to girl's camp with me. Tell Kevin good luck...I think you're either born to tent camp...or you're not. I see the trailer as a luxury and emergency preparedness...since we can't afford earthquake insurance.

Suz said...

Hi Jacqui I haven't seen you in awhile. I saw your blog on Luke & Lisa's so I checked it to see if it was you!! Your little boy is so cute. I just wanted to say HI & tell you what a cute family you have. My blog is haydenaddison. blogspot.com, look at it and leave me a comment.

Suzanne Weaver

Suz said...

Wow you got back quickly! I am glad you added me. I hoped it wasn't weird that I commented on your blog. It was just fun to find you on here. Your family is cute, and I hope you are enjoying them. I hope to hear from you again.

Suz said...

Yes Karwin is out of country in Iraq for 4 months. We are half way done now. But we have been keeping busy so it hasn't been to bad. Are you doing anything fun for the fourth this weekend? I also just started this blogging business. It is quite addicting. Talk to you later.

sharpest family said...

It looks like you had a blast!! How fun to find you again after so many years! I think I was the YW pres. too when I saw you last at the conference ctr.
You have a cute little boy. You look great and very happy, I'm so happy for you, you deserve it!!!
Heather doesn't update her blog very often. She just had a baby about a month ago. She now has 2 girls and 2 boys. She says she's done now. I think I am too. Being a mom is HARD work!!!
Take care, I'll be checking in on you frequently.
Bonnie