Friday, December 5, 2008

Busy Times

We've been SOoooo busy lately, but we're having a lot of fun. We had taken all our Christmas stuff down before Thanksgiving to get the lights up outside. In doing this, I had a huge mess of totes to clear out before we had Thanksgiving dinner at our house this year. I refused to take down any Fall decorations until the day was over...so we had mixture of holidays going on for about a week. It's felt a little strange this year still not having snow outside.The day after Thanksgiving we did our annual shopping around. We didn't have much that we 'REALLY' wanted so we didn't go out until about 7:00 a.m. and still found what we were after. It was nice to get a little longer to sleep and we took Braxton with us. He's my 'Super Shopper'! I love taking him places with me...he has so much fun.
Every year since we've been married (James proposed the night of this production), we've gone to the 'Forgotten Carols'. This year it was Friday night...so we took Braxton to Nana's and Papa's to spend the night. We went to dinner and on to see the show. We've loved watching how it's changed over the years. I like that he adds something new to make it just a little different each year.
Saturday morning we were up and running again. We picked James' mom up and headed to SLC temple to see some friends get sealed. It was amazing...they lost their little boy a couple days after he was born and were able to be sealed to him and their daughter (who was one of my young women a couple years ago). We were happy to be there for them. After this, we jumped in the truck and headed down to IKEA. This was our first time there. It was a long day...a long weekend...but I have to say Braxton was an angel all weekend. He loved temple square and I can't wait to take him back so we can see the lights.

We had these little turkeys for a treat after YW the week of Thanksgiving. They were so cute we made them for everyone in my family. They turned out cute, but next time I'll use double stuffed Oreo's. Braxton had eaten three of them before I decided 'no more'.

Our little family...

Nana, Papa, and my baby sister Ashley...or as Braxton would say 'Ashee'.

Nikki, Jeremy, and our favorite niece 'Kambry'.

Braxton loves it when his Nana and Papa come to visit.

Braxton is always up for a picture. Here he is with his Nana.

8 comments:

Kevin and Tami Scott said...

Wow...your Thanksgiving looks like a good time! It is so fun to see all your family photos. I remember going to "The Forgotten Carols" with you in our younger days. The show has changed so much since I first saw it. I was amazed at how different it was this time, but just as amazing.

Was IKEA completely huge and overwhelming when you first walked in? I haven't been to the Utah store, but the couple I've visited in the Chicago area are massive. At least you can get a cheap meal while you get yourself lost in the store, plus the playland for the kids in our IKEA makes for a fun day for my younger two.

I hope you're having a great Christmas so far. I can't believe the actual day is creeping up on me so fast.

I'm sorry I missed seeing you when I came to Utah. I actually didn't even head north this time. I spent the whole week in Ogden and SLC, but Jillee's planning to get married at Old Rock Church in April so I will hopefully see you then!! Talk to you soon!

Suz said...

Wow seems like everyone had a super busy Thanksgiving! Looks like alot of fun. Did you like IKEA? I did not! Not what I was expecting, but some people absolutely love it. Cute lights on the house too.

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

Good job on the Christmas lights. My kids would be jealous. I love the family picture too.

Brianna said...

What a fun, festive Thanksgiving! I love the lights on your house!!!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Can your son and his dimples get any cuter? That is an awesome picture of the three of you. Your house looks bright and fancy!

Brittney said...

Hey there! Add me to your list so I can keep checking in on you!

Andy Wegener said...

I can't believe the lights! That must have taken forever! Good job James.

sharpest family said...

I love the holidays and being able to see lots of family. It looks like you had a great time. Your family is so cute, and that little Braxton, he's too sweet. He is such a darling little boy. Your house looks so pretty with the lights on, luckily we got some snow after all.