Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My month to shine...

What a crazy month it has been. I'm currently in Young Women as the Beehive Advisor and had the opportunity to go to girl's camp in Heber. This is a picture of my friend Carma on the ropes course. You climb the tree and then walk along the rope. When you get to the other side, you repel down. Did I do it...NOPE! OR there would be pictures to prove it. I hate heights! They made every girl at least try. It literally made me cry to watch some of those girls so scared up there. It was really cool to see some of them accomplish such a scary task. There are so many applications to life from this experience that I plan to continue to use.
During this time, James was having a super hard time being with Braxton, which made it hard for me to be away. He decided to regress a little in potty training. James typically only has to entertain Braxton for very short periods of time...all you mom's know...the fun play time. James was very happy to have 'mom' home again.
After coming home I helped get things together for my second calling, the ward camp out. I'm really sad we missed this. The ward learned how to retire a flag and the scouts did an amazing job in helping. We also had the vets from our ward recognized. We were at Cherry Hill camping with my family. It was a quick trip, but we had a great time. A big thank you to Nana and Papa. They took Braxton for about an hour so James and I could go down the water slides.
It must be my month to shine... I still have a lesson to teach, a sacrament talk to prepare, AND yes one more camp out...oh and that darn visiting teaching that always creeps up on us...sorry Melissa. I'm also on Enrichment committee. I'm really excited about our get-a-way this year. Our theme is Faith, Hope, Charity...it's going to be awesome. I can't wait!
I'm SO grateful to have the church in my life, without it there really is no purpose to life. I love my ward family and the support they are to me and my family. Our neighborhood really takes care of each other. I have a testimony of service and believe that when we do service for those around us we are serving the Lord. My service in the church has blessed my life and family in amazing ways and I've learned so much. It really has made me the person I am today. Thank you to all of you who have allowed me to serve you.

8 comments:

Brianna said...

Of course you can add me to your list! :-) I love your cute little blog, and I miss being in your ward. It's not girls camp without you! :-D Yeah, we tried to get his siblings; but holy cow it is such a long ordeal. We had a hard time getting the state of Texas to work with the state of Utah, and then CPS split them all up which made it harder. But it really did turn out for the best. :-)

Brianna said...

P.S. It made me feel better to know that I'm not the only one who has to take care of the "not so fun and playful moments" with their child. :-) Brandon always gets Savannah when she is happy and fun.... then she gets passed to me when she's screaming. :-) Maybe I need to go to a girls camp for a few days! ;-)

onlymehere said...

Jacqui, you really are fortunate in the friends you have in our old ward and my new ward (Lauretta for one)! Looks like fun, sorry Kaje' couldn't go to camp but so far this transfer to Logan High has been a huge blessing for her and she had to be at registration on Tues.!

Kevin and Tami Scott said...

I didn't realize you were afraid of heights. Correct me if I am wrong, but we did go repelling... didn't we? I remember rock climbing and repelling with Matt. Maybe we were more adventerous then. I know I use to like rollercaosters, and even bungee jumping, but you won't catch me doing those things much any more.
It sounds like you had an awesome camp experience. Aren't you glad how the gospel can define and shape your life perfectly if you let it. You can overcome anything with the strength and knowledge that comes with having gospel truths as a cornerstone (not that there are not a lot of bumps along the way, as well as a lot of grwoing pains, but they can all be overcome) I am sure glad we had each other to grow up with and support along the road.

Kevin and Tami Scott said...

I forgot to mention one thing. Have you listened to the song, "Mr. Mom" by Lonestar? It's on my playlist on my blog if you haven't. I love this song!! It could be the theme song for those days when dads need to stay home with the kids. It's just a glimpse of what life can be like on a daily basis. There's so much to do when you are a stay-at-home mom,.

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

You have always had an amazing gift to serve. I am not a bit surprised that you have like 10 callings! You go girl!

The Hobbs said...

It's been a while since I've been online, so it was really fun to sit here and read through your past few blogs. I thought it was fun to see brianna's blog - thanks for posting it.

Lisa said...

Beautiful post Jacqui!