Friday, April 8, 2011

Hmmm...Maybe it's time to cancel!

            Here's our stash! Braxton insists on piling them higher and higher and loves getting the paper each morning. He wants to see how tall we can build these bad boys. I've even had him line up the rolled papers to create a finish line so we can have races against each other.

   When we first subscribed to the paper it was mainly for the coupons. Since Albertson's left us, I just haven't been as motivated in using the coupons. I think it's because they were the easiest and nicest to do business with. I'm really trying to have a better attitude, but it's not worth it to fight for a deal while hauling two kiddos with me, only to find out they are out of what I went after. 

   James thought I was crazy when I told him I wouldn't buy pepper without a coupon. He didn't want to use the twisty one we have. His newest addiction is Zesty Dill Pickles...strange coming from a guy that would down an entire cake I'd bake, leaving me one piece. I know I'm weird, but it's killing me to buy pickles every other week at full price. When I got home from the store the other night, we both laughed when I told him...'You need to find a cheaper hobby!' Bargain shopping is addicting and an adrenalin rush in finding the best deal.

   When it comes down to it, I guess I gotta figure it out soon...are the papers piling up actually saving  us money (coupons) or would we be better off saving some $$$ and trees. I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Kevin and Tami Scott said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! This post could easily be on my blog instead. Just this morning I put 6 papers in the recycling bag without even taking them out of the plastic. Who has time?? I keep telling Kevin I'm going to stop our 7 day subscription and only get the Sunday paper, but it only saves me $1.50 a month to switch. It still might be worth it.